I've been shooting for almost one year with the Fujifilm GFX now and it has become my favourite camera of all times. Especially now that more and more lighting manufacturers are already offering full High-Speed Sync flash support (e.g. Godox) or have announced that they will (e.g. Profoto). If you've been on the fence about buying one, now might very well be the time because Fujifilm Europe has launched what is probably the best cashback deal on the GFX and the GF lens lineup so far. Even the just-released GF45 and the also fairly recent GF23 are included. The cashback started yesterday and lasts until January 15th, 2018. It's a direct cashback at the store, so no need to fill out any annoying online forms and wait for your money back. It's deducted right at the counter. The cashback varies from 300 € to 1300 €. Hey, that money buys you some nice lights to go with your GFX :-)
Here are the numbers (all including 21 % Belgian VAT, Recommended Retail Prices)
- GFX + 63 mm: 1300 € cashback. Price after cashback: 7298 €
- GFX + 32-64 mm: 1300 € cashback. Price after cashback: 8198 €
- GFX + 120 mm: 1300 € cashback. Price after cashback: 8598 €
- GFX + 110 mm: 1300 € cashback. Price after cashback: 8698 €
- GFX + 23 mm: 1300 € cashback. Price after cashback: 8498 €
- GFX + 45 mm: 1300 € cashback. Price after cashback: 7498 €
- 63 mm lens only: 350 € cashback. Price after cashback: 1249 €
- 32-64 mm lens only: 550 € cashback. Price after cashback: 1949 €
- 120 mm lens only: 640 € cashback. Price after cashback: 2259 €
- 110 mm lens only: 660 € cashback. Price after cashback: 2339 €
- 23 mm lens only: 620 € cashback. Price after cashback: 2179 €
- 45 mm only: 300 € cashback. Price after cashback: 1499 €
Still in doubt? Here's two videos of the GFX in action. One by me, using a prototype back in November 2016 in Varanasi and one by Tom Museeuw, in which he uses a confetti blaster to cover his model with cocoa powder. I've chosen these two because they show just what a versatile camera the GFX is: from the alleyways of Varanasi to a studio environment: it captures life in all it's fine colours and details. You might also want to check out my Fujifilm GFX review and the blog post called 'No Flash? No Problem' in which I show you what you can do with a 5 stop underexposed image.
Finally, Fujifilm have also announced a 24 month lease plan for the GFX camera at 0% interest. Check with your Fujifilm GFX dealer for more info.