Adobe Photoshop is the imaging industry's standard for editing and retouching images. However, it can be a little daunting at first. Furthermore, as a photographer, you really only need a relatively small subset of all the features. With that in mind, I created a 2 Volume, 7 hour video training 'Photoshop for Photographers' for Craft & Vision. Volume 1 covers Adobe Camera Raw and Volume 2 covers Photoshop proper. Both are available separately for CAD $25 each but there's also a bundle that saves you 20 percent and gets you the full 7 hours of training including exercise files for only $40.
In 22 videos, Volume 1 teaches you everything you need to know about Adobe Camera Raw. You'd actually be surprised about how much you can accomplish in Adobe Camera Raw, without ever setting a foot in 'Photoshop proper' (the subject of Volume 2):
- Working with Adobe Bridge
- The Basic Panel
- White Balance
- Tweaking colours with the HSL panel
- Sharpening and noise reduction with the Details panel
- Adding vignettes and grain with the Effects panel
- The Camera Calibration panel
- Adding Local Adjustments with the Graduated Filter, the Radial Filter and the Adjustment Brush
- Synchronising settings across image
- Creating presets to speed up the workflow
- Translating Lightroom presets for use with Adobe Camera Raw
Volume 1 is available from Craft & Vision for $25. Get it here. Or get both volumes together for $40 (a 20 percent discount) here. Exercise files are included, so you can follow along with what you see on your screen!
Volume 2 teaches you everything a photographer needs to know about Photoshop CC. In 21 easy-to-follow videos, I cover the essentials such as:
- The Photoshop interface
- Working with Layers
- Working with Layer masks
- Adding text and other graphics
- Retouching blemishes
- Softening skin
- Useful Photoshop filters for architectural photographers
- Saving time by creating Photoshop Actions: the training comes with a complimentary copy of my own Dogde & Burn action set, a $10 value by itself!
- Useful Photoshop plugins
Volume 2 is available from Craft & Vision for $25. Get it here. Or get both volumes together for $40 (a 20 percent discount) here. Exercise files are included, so you can follow along with what you see on your screen!
Both volumes are great as standalone products, but you'll gain the most from getting the bundle: this will not only give you almost seven hours of video tutorials but you also receive a 20 pct discount.
You can get Piet Van den Eynde's Photoshop for Photographers bundle here.