New eBook out now:
LIGHT IT UP!
Techniques for Dramatic Off-Camera Lighting
I am very happy to announce that Craft & Vision have just released my latest eBook: Light It Up! Techniques for Dramatic Off-Camera Lighting.
In this 160-page PDF eBook, I cover everything I have learnt myself over the past 10+ years in working with flash photography. The eBook includes essential theories about light but with a focus on the practical consequences for you as a photographer. It showcases techniques and gives advice on using speedlights and portable studio flashes on location. All the info is presented in case studies, lighting diagrams, and advice on the best gear to buy for different scenarios. Inside you’ll find:
- Both beginner and advanced lighting setups
- Lighting diagrams and behind-the-scenes setup shots
- Real-life lessons from me on what works, what doesn’t, and how to improve
- A comprehensive discussion on the latest lighting gear and how to save big on gear by buying third-party flashes
- In-depth coverage of advanced techniques such as high-speed sync and hypersync
- Information on both big and small flashes and the importance of a “flash ecosystem”
- How to work with on-camera flash with excellent results
- Post-production instruction
Light It Up! will help you overcome any fear you might have for flash photography (I know I had, years ago!) and help you turn your flash from a contrarian adversary to a trusted ally. Personally, I would rather leave a lens at home than my flash! I hope you will, too, after reading this eBook!
Light It Up! is priced at $30 (+ VAT in Europe) and that's including the two bonuses (see below).
Bonus 1: Three Lighting Videos
In addition to the 160 page PDF eBook, you'll also get access to three 15 minutes bonus videos. That's 45 minutes total of bonus video content. The first video shows you how I shot this particular image on a recent trip to Varanasi and how I processed it in Lightroom and Photoshop. In the second video, I share my 'Layering Lights' technique with you: a cool technique to create really beautifully lit photos with just one light. In the final video, I walk you through some of the images in the eBook, giving you behind-the-scenes information.
Bonus 2: Five LIghtroom Presets
Because everybody loves bonuses, I have created a second bonus for you: five free Lightroom presets that show you how one click can take a picture from good to great.
Below is the first of the three bonus videos that come with the eBook. Watch it now for free!
And here you can see a couple of sample pages...